Suggestion (Chap 1 Part 1)

 Assalamu'alaikum 

welcome back to my blog. this time, I will give examples of suggestions and offerings in the dialogue




A suggestion is an idea someone proposes. You can accept or reject a suggestion.

Suggestions are ideas that can be taken or rejected; it’s up to the person who receives the suggestion.

Suggestion is a form of a noun which means an idea or suggestion proposed to someone else.

Suggestion can be used in three different ways with identical or similar meanings.

1. Suggest can be followed directly by a gerund or by a possessive adjective + gerund when the gerund does not refer to the subject of the sentence.

2.suggest can also be followed by that + subject + should + verb, but in the following clauses, that and should can be omitted so that only the subject after the verb suggest

3. Suggest can be followed by a noun if the meaning is clearly known from the context.

4.suggest can be followed by a question word + an infinitive.


Example

Avriza: What are you going to do to spend the upcoming holiday?

Irgian: I’m not sure. I guess I’m just going to stay at home during the holiday.

Avriza: Me too. I don’t have any plan to do something exciting. I think I’ll be dead out of boredom in this year’s holiday.

Irgian: Hey, why don’t we spend the holiday together?

Avriza: That’s great idea! Do you have any suggestion on where we should go and what we should do on the holiday?

Irgian: How about we spend our holiday at my grandfather’s cottage?

Avriza: What kind of activities can we do there?

Irgian: Anything fun, such as fishing. swimming, surfing, sun-bathing, cycling, strolling around the nature, et cetera.

Avriza: Cool! We’d better ask arkan to come with us too.

Irgian: Agree! I’ll call arkan

Avriza: Okay. I hope he can come join us.






Thank you, that's all for this blog, stay healthy, 
Wassalamualaikum wr wb. 






Comments

Faiz Hakim said…
All completed! Good job

Popular posts from this blog

Prince Antasari

Narrative text 2

Song (Chap 9 Part 1)